Becoming a better wife

There are times God clues you into things.  Sometimes He uses friends, sometimes a sermon, sometimes a blog.

The other night God showed me a blog and opened my eyes to something.

Becoming a better wife.

When I start grumbling down my mental list of things he isn't, remember that his mental list is as long as mine plus a few more.

When he says hurtful words to me,  admitting I was silently saying the same thing to him.  My heart says it's different but my brain tells the truth - it's the same.

When I sit looking across the table thinking "I hope our boys don't get their table manners from him", he is probably thinking "I hope they don't get ___, ____, ______ or _____ from her."

Accepting his version of romance, not Hollywood's.

Becoming a better wife means being justly mad but realizing you sinned first.

Becoming a better wife means judging myself, not him.

Becoming a better wife means acceptance, forgiveness, investing.

Becoming a better wife isn't dependent on having a better husband.  It is being dependent on the husband I have.

Becoming a better wife means embracing His plan. 

His plan for my marriage, His plan for my husband, His plan for Me.

Praying for him, praying for us.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP